Friday, 13 March 2009

Second New York Visit





Second time to New York and it was just as lively and dirty as my first. The weather was less on my side this time and so I didn't get to do the two things I had planned - take the Staten Island ferry to view the Statue of Liberty and visit MoMa (how was I to know that they close on Tuesdays!?)


Nevertheless, just walking the streets of Manhattan is enough to fill your day. There are quirky shops to check out and all sorts of people to observe. It's only when you spend the time exploring on foot that you realise how true the phrase "only in the USA" is.

For some reason, I always feel the need to be a little more cautious in the States, to have my guard on. I have this impression that anything could happen at anytime and that people are unpredictable.



My new find this time was a little bakery on the corner of The Avenue of the Americas and 49th called Magnolia Bakery. It had the best Red Velvet cupcake I've ever tasted. I went back for more on my last day.







During lunch hour, New Yorkers are often seen walking the streets with brown bags in their hands. I first discovered Pret A Manger in London and have loved it ever since. They have pretty wholesome sandwiches, not the kind with fluffy white bread and a measely spread of filling. Had it twice this time in New York. Mm mm!






My prayer for new places are being answered. I can't wait for Milan next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment