Wednesday, 15 April 2009

Charmed Yet Again

Paris is so lovely that eventhought I've blogged about this twice before, it is worth another entry.
Just when I thought that I would never see Paris again (company announced that the newest A380 will be flying Paris flights and at that time I didn't know I was going to be trained for it), I got rostered! Woo-hip-a-dee-hoo!

I had only two new things in mind for this trip. I was settled on re-visiting the good 'ol Paris classics like Tour Eiffel, Notre Dame and Champs Elysees. It was almost a year ago since my last trip there and I had missed what I saw earlier.

Sometimes things just fall into place and this time I was fortunate to meet good travel companions. We made the most of our two days in Paris.

Day One


At Arc de Triomphe with Megan, which is about 10 minutes away from our hotel. Metro/RER: Charles de Gaulle-Etoile.


Tourists on Avenue des Champs Elysees looking at Arc de Triomphe.


An empty Museé du Louvre. Visitors were still allowed to hang around the entrance after closing hours. Metro: Palais Royal Museé du Louvre.


Icon of Paris, the Eiffel Tower lit against the evening sky. It was almost 8pm and the sun had just begun to set. It was croweded with locals, tourists and people selling souvenirs. Metro: Bir Hakeim.


Day Two


Tours de Notre Dame on Easter. Metro: Cité. Both Sacré Coeur and Notre Dame were jam-packed.


I can still recall our last summer,
I still see it all,
Walks along Seine,
laughing in the rain,
Our last summer
Memories that remain
(Our Last Summer by Abba)


At a flea market, Marché aux Puces de Clignancourt in Porté Montemartre. Metro: Porte de Clignancourt.


Enjoying the view of the city from the lawn in front of Sacré Coeur on a hill in Montmartre. Metro: Anvers.


At the artists' corner in Montmartre. Some pieces were really tempting me, but this will have to wait till we get a place of our own.


Oh what it would feel like to live in one of these old shophouses in Paris.


Outisde the signature Moulin Rouge caberet in Montmartre. They were still featureing Le Féerie, which I was fortunate to catch last April. Metro: Blanche or Abesses.

Eats


A light raspberry cheesecake supported by a think layer of dark chocolate and wrapped in a thin French crépe in Les Délices de Manon along Rue Saint Honoré.


Other dainty sinful treats in the same café.


Muscles with bacon, mushrooms and créme fraise at Léon near our hotel.


A full breakfast of coffee, orange juice and croissant, eggs on ham with baguette, and a selection of cheese and cold cuts for €12.50.


A crépe vendor in a little lane on the way up to Sacré Coeur. I got the Nutella and banana crépe.

Our last meal together in Paris was dinner at Le Restaurant de l' Entrecôte, walking distance from our hotel. One of the pilots discovered this place and recommended it. It is a place where the only thing you can choose is your wine, dessert and how you like your steak. Nothing else on the menu apart from steak. We were lucky enough to make it before the long queue.


It started with walnut salad with a mild mustard sauce and baguette.


I am not a steak person, but this well-prepared medium rare was good. The sauce was the just mm mm!


We shared an ice cream-stuffed profiteroll and strawberry tulip.

J'aime Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment