Pastor Kong preached a very appropriate message this weekend. It was about having dreams and visions for the year ahead.
The message really hit home and made me aware that I am not a "big dreamer". Unlike children who are naturally big dreamers, as adults our desire to dream dies down once we are faced with the realities of reaching those dreams. Our focus shifts from being a Dreamer to being Realistic.
Over the past year, I have been reminded several times to set goals, to have them written down. I dislike writing them down because to me it means I have to achieve it, or I'll feel bad if I didn't.
But I was encouraged that it is okay to set goals even if you can't see yourself achieving them. It is alright to have a dream that may so far away it is not in sync with my current reality.
The point is, to have them and that you are aware of them. Either hidden in a notebook or floating around in your mind, dreams and goals are important because they give you something to work towards and something to look back on. The desire to achieve something great gives us hope, drives us forward and forces us to practice faith.
So, even though I may procrastinate, I know I should really guts up, open up my Goals 2010 file and set new ones for the new year.
Monday, 3 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment