Friday, 13 June 2008
Weird Things Happen
I was having a very good time with family and friends. We were in a place with greenery and water.
I remember feeling very relaxed and happy to have time to be with them, despite having to catch a flight later on that evening.
Someone brought their dark blue MINI Cooper there and Ervie and I drove around the water-glazed sand.
For some reason, I wanted to wash my hands and later noticed that the sink I was washing my hands in had a leak! The water was dripping onto the floor and I instinctively took paper towels to soak up the water that had accumulated on the floor and then I thought, "Why am I doing this? I should just leave it to the cleaners."
So, I got up off my knees to wash my hands again, only to realise that my well-manicured red nails had lost its top layer of red! Horror! I had a flight to catch soon! I usually do my nails the night before to give it enough time to fully harden. Sigh. Nevermind, I'll just have to go with softer nails this time.
Just then, I looked at my watch and realised that I could very possibly be late for my flight! Oh no!! Double check my reporting time. It's at 9pm! And it's 8:59pm now! *panick* There is NO way I'm going to make it to Control Center in time. The rest are probably in the briefing room waiting for me right now!
I check my mobile to see whether I have any missed calls from Control Center. Hmm...nothing.
Is this a dream? This can't be happening!
Daddy comes over to see what's wrong and I tell him, hoping that he'll have some brilliant idea to save me like tell me I misread my roster and I still have time.
Die. I've missed the flight for sure. The only thing to do is to call Control Center to inform them I really can't make it in time so they can activate someone else. Ok, I'll do that. My probation will surely be extended. Sigh. Nevermind, first things first, call Control.
I frantically scroll down my phonebook to look for the number. Why can't I find it? Try again. Oh dear, it's not here? Where is it? Why is this happening to me?
*Scroll, scroll*. Sigh. I can't find it. There goes my career in the airline.
*****
With one move of my neck muscle, I woke up sweaty, heart racing, and more thankful than ever that it WAS indeed a bad dream.
Quickly check my time and saw that I woke up before my alarm. Phew.
Thank God that all bad things, too, must come to an end.
I'm still recovering from how real that all was at that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Weird indeed...on Fri the 13th too??
ReplyDelete