Thank goodness for one new destination to keep my blog alive :)
One more city ticked off my "To See" list, but unfortunately it was too short a visit.
Auckland, the largest city on the South Island of New Zealand, seemed to me like quite a quiet place in comparison to its neighbouring cities like Sydney and Melbourne. It was understandable considering I was out on a working day, but even during working hours, Sydney and Melbourne a abuzz. Perhaps the crowd there is made up of more international students.
The weather is great this time of year, a little chilly without the sun, but lovely all the same.
Our hotel was strategically located in the city centre, very near the main shopping area of Queen Street and only a 10 minute stroll to the Waitemata Harbour.
First stop; lunch at Occidental on Vulcan Street for ginormous green-lipped mussels. I later found out that this Belgium pub is somewhat famous in Auckland as a place to chillout after work.
While others were debating whether or not to share, I chose to have a pot of Blue Cheese and Spinach mussels all to myself. Gluton! But totally worth the stomach space.
Look at the size of those babies!
Cheryl had a platter of grilled mussels, which is what I would try next.
Some were itching to shop, so DFS was our next stop and then we split ways. Three of us headed towards Queen and Princes Wharf.
The wind was strong and the cold was starting to get to us, so after half and hour we headed back towards the city in hunt of Foodtown for groceries.
We stopped by a Hong Kong restaurant for dinner and I had the largest portion of Roast Pork with the crispiest skin I've ever had, where every morsel of skin is crunchy and the layer of fat beneath it has dissolved. *smuck*
No comments:
Post a Comment