Tuesday, 22 December 2009

'Tis the Season to be Grateful


Glitzy Christmas decor around City Hall in Singapore.

I am looking forward to Christmas more this year than last and it's because I will be home for the holidays, where there is a pretty long line-up of warm Christmas-New Yearsie events to attend.

My last Christmas was spent on the quiet streets of London, while everyone in the city were at home with family. Eventhough spending Christmas abroad is an experience some might envy, I would rather be home in the comfort of family and friends anytime.

This year-end is also the first where I'm surrounded more by family, having my sister's family closer to home and feeling increasingly a part of my legally extended family.

There is much to celebrate this season in addition to the birth of our Lord and Saviour. Reviewing a similar post a year ago The Year That Has Been, 2009 has marked the year when:

1. Joyce, Michiel and Keira moved to Singapore
2. We had a honeymoon trip of a lifetime
3. Ernest moved to Singapore
4. I finally started flying independant of "the bond"
5. I could check Milan, Athens and Santorini, Swiss Alps, Istanbul, Cairo, Auckland and Manchester off my "To See" list.

Happy. Grateful. Looking forward to home.

In the meantime, here's how people are spending the week before Christmas in New York and Frankfurt.


The Christmas tree at Rockerfeller in New York. Yes, it is a real big-ass tree which they put up every year.


The annual Christmas Market at Romer in Frankfurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment