Thursday, 21 October 2010

It is official,

I have effectively given notice of resignation. No turning back now.

What an enriching three years these have been. Three wonderful, irreplaceable years of my youth, well-spent doing what I set out to do. Leaving the job with a sense of peace and satisfaction, moving on to more exciting things!

I will miss flying, for:
  1. The places it has brought me. Though only a tasting portion of every destination, it is still more than I could have ever hoped for doing any other job.
  2. The people I have met, who have inspired me.
  3. Mid-week days off, when I can meet friends for lunch and avoid the crazy weekend crowd.
  4. The fact that Rest is part of work.
  5. The Opportunities to meet up with friends living overseas.
  6. The ability to appreciate service from a service-provider's perspective.
  7. Forcing me to take better care of my body.
Meanwhile, I will not miss:
  1. Bad breath, toe jam and body ordour in a pressurize cabin environment.
  2. Having the rest of my nail polish collection slowly dry out (because only red is being utilised)
  3. Having to wear red lipstick.
  4. Breathing in particles of hairspray every other day.
  5. Missing out on weddings and important occassions.
  6. Not having the option to colour or highlight my hair as I so wish (I probably wouldn't do it now any way, but it is when you don't have the option that makes you want it more).
  7. Greeting people who have no courtesy to respond.

Dreaming of the day I will once again resume travelling, in a different capacity, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment