Tuesday, 9 October 2007

Home Away


There's something about being away from home that shows you how much home has impacted your life. Lately, I find myself doing things that remind me of home and the people I miss, the voices in my head telling me:

"Eat more fruits, Janice. You don't eat enough fruits!"
I straight away look for fruits to buy and quickly chomp them down to make up for all the days I deprived my body of fruits.

"Drink more water. You don't drink enough and the daily recommended intake is at least eight glasses."
Gulp gulp gulp, whenever I remember. I now keep a jug in my room to remind myself to drink water.

"Why don't you get a bicycle? You can cycle to nearby shops or enjoy cycling in the park."
Probably something I'll consider later on, but it's on my to-buy list for now.

"Buy newspapers. Got to keep abreast with what's going on in the world."
Eventhough I don't have the time to read through the entire paper, I find myself buying it anyway just to read the headlines. Newspapers are something my home always has. My parents are very well-informed people and strive to keep it that way.

"Keep the dry dishes. Don't leave them on the rack. The new wet ones will wet those that have already dried."

I feel the urge to keep all the cups and plates that have already dried but are still sitting on the dish rack, even though they are not mine.

Things that remind me of loved ones or am I just nagging myself?

1 comment:

  1. Haha...I think I'm going to turn into a nag when I become a mother myself!

    ReplyDelete