Monday, 19 November 2007

There's Nothing Better


than Chocolate.

It had been a while since I treated myself to something truly sinful and delicious, so when we decided on The Chocolate Bar by Max Brenner for post-dinner drinks, my heart rate went up.

The menu itself made me drool inside.

I decided on something simple that wouldn't hurt my pocket as much. Dark Suckao.

It was served in what could have been mistaken for an aromatherapy oil lamp, a long straw-spoon, dark chocolate pieces and milk.

The tea-light heated the tiny metal bowl that sat perfectly in the "aromatherapy" lamp, which heated the milk and melted the chocolate shavings.

I was stingy with the milk the first round. I wanted it thick and rich. I took my first sip and held my breath in fear of disappointment. It was heavenly.

I couldn't help but admire the items it was served in. Clever.


Dark Suckao (this picture doesn't do it justice)


This chocolate-lover is looking forward to her next visit to Max Brenner for there are many many more tempting indulgences to try.

Max Brenner Chocolate Bar
#01-06/08 The Esplanade
8 Raffles Avenue
Last order: 10:45pm (Sun-Thu), 11:45pm (Fri-Sat)

4 comments:

  1. When u fly,"I'm like a bird"/N Furtado.
    When u feel dry, hav a "Hot Chocolate"/Tom Hanks,soundtrack.
    When u repeat a mistake,just think of Brit Spears "OOps!I did it again".
    When rattled by turbulance, think of HIM who is "Wind beneath ur Wings"/Bette Midler.
    When I hv the chance to join u, "Fly me 2 the moon"/Frank Sinatra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice! Agreed.

    We still have M&M's left over from our event earlier this year and I'm still eating them everyday. A bit at a time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pa, thanks! :) Will keep those in mind.

    David, you could've donated the M&Ms to the FHers and I could've lent them my M&Ms dispenser. :p

    ReplyDelete