Sunday, 23 December 2007

Family Reunion Part Two



















Ma and Di arrived today. As promised, along with lunch, they brought a feast with them - homemade kaya, durian pancakes, dumplings (chong / chang) pineapple tarts, char siew sou. We indulged in the Malacca chicken rice balls and Ma's yummy curry crab for lunch.


Surprise for the birthday girl - a fruit flan from Bengawan Solo. Happy 29th birthday Joyceee!

Dinner at Mushroom Pot (OG Orchard Point). A very ching and healthy dinner that was a great primer for the sinful dessert that we were about to have.

Art supported by Crocs along an underground walkway at the Esplanade. Children can be very creative (probably because their imagination has not yet been tainted by logic). Check out the Croc crocodile below.



My third dose of Max Brenner Chocolate Bar. Both the Chocolate Cheesecake and Chocolate Truffle we ordered were polished up, although it left me feeling a little overdosed (I ate most of the cheesecake since my parents, who I was supposed to share it with, also ordered hot chocolate drinks).


I'm beginning to think that the drinks at Max Brenner are better than the desserts there. But I will need more visits to try the entire dessert menu before deciding for sure.


It's been great having the family together for the past two days. Only one person missing at the moment...looking forward to tomorrow the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment