One has to set foot in Japan to fully understand why the rest of the world is so fascinated by it. Be it fashion, food or technology, Japan never ceases to amaze the non-Japanese.
I made my first trip there a week ago. And although it was a very short one and a half days in Narita, a town outside Tokyo city (approximately 1 hour by train), the little that I experienced was sufficient to keep me longing for a return trip.
Pepper Lunch is sliced beef and rice on a hot plate. Some adviced us to try something else since this franchise is also available in Singapore, but the claim a few Japanese made about their version promising melt-in-the-mouth beef made us choose otherwise. I'd never tried the one in Singapore before, but this was delicious and the beef...mm mm!
Udon soup with seaweed for breakfast. What could be more plain?, I thought to myself. Boy, was I wrong. The soup was flavourful (not just salty like the ones I tasted before) and the udon noodles were chewy yet smooth (not mushy and soggy). The deep fried item next to it is fried mash potatoes, something similar to the Malay begedil. Mm...another satisfying meal.
Tako - octopus ball. Sueann couldn't resist trying it. It was the best she'd ever tasted.
Sueann and I treated ourselves to dessert at Rainbowhat. I had the crepe with green tea ice cream and red beans and she had the Christmas Special.The similarities between the promotional poster and the actual product delivered were fascinatingly close. I just had to capture the perfection.
My first purchase from Muji in Aeon. The shop assistant couldn't explain to me what it was and I was curious, so I bought it. As it turned out, my curiosity led me to a bag of diabetically sweet peanut candy. Nice, but super sweet.
We walked back to the hotel from Aeon Shopping Centre to soak in the cool wintery breeze. It was refreshing and relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment