Male is a beautiful place with many many tiny islands. The one we stayed at was the Bandos Island Resort, which occupied the entire island. Singapore-Male takes only 4.5 hours. The people there are laid back and carefree in true island-living culture.
Now, over to the pictures.
Bandos Island
The Male International Airport is an island on its own. We had to exit using the stairs as opposed to the usual aerobridge. Below is the speed boat we took to Bandos Island Resort, 20 minutes from the airport.
Brunch at one of the restaurants on the island with colleagues. Below is my first taste of island food, the Garudhiya - traditional tuna fish broth served with steamed rice and green passion fruit leave salad, coconuts, accompaniments and fried horse mackeral.
My next comment is based on my short observation of only one island in Male, the Bandos Island. I found that putting Redang's flourshing marine life as the benchmark, this island's one pales in comparison. There were fish I had seen for the first time, but the corals were below expectations. One thing is certain, though, the beaches here are beautiful and the weater sure does complements sun-soaking activities.
Male is not only a popular honeymoon destination, but an excellent getaway for some serenity. There are many many more islands with dive / snorkeling spots waiting to be visited.

wah must have been your best stop over places. I'm a bit curious about the fried horse mackarel. Is it the things which looks like a giant ikan bilis?
ReplyDeleteOOF! Those pictures of the aqua sea hits the spot very nicely! Particularly when one's feeling morose at the end of the CNY party season!
ReplyDeleteHahaha..thanks, Min. Must have been a nice picture thanks to my new toy as well! (see next post)
ReplyDeleteErn, I think the "horse mackarel" is actually a type of ikan kembung. I googled "mackarel" before and types of it are kembungs.
WOW !!!!!
ReplyDelete