This Melbourne trip was my second since I started flying, but there were many firsts.
It was the first time I ...
- had an inpromptu visit just before my flight by two good friends who were on transit in Singapore. Nico and Amiel, thanks for making the effort to rush down in time to see me get ready for flight (and for the delectable gift of Krispy Kremes!). Precious moments.
- made friends with a passenger on board, thanks to Mok's very suave "Do you by any chance know a Justin Wong?"
- took the train and tram in Melbourne
- observed a chef assemble decorations on a wedding cake. A truly labourous process. Justin, thanks for letting us watch you and for proving that guys can't multitask ... (haha! But let me quantify) ... in some things.
- had Ferrero Roche and pandan flavoured ice cream. Thanks to Shannon and Tiara for insisting Dolce Fredo on the list of things to do this trip.
- sat through a Melbourne city jam and put myself together for flight, packed and had a camomile tea in less than an hour.
- experienced the effects of global warming in the sky. The flight back was consistently bumpy throughout the second half of the flight due to rough weather conditions. It felt more like a bus ride on un-tarred road. I can still feel the effects of the bumpiness now even as I sit on my very still bed.
Here's to many more firsts!
Here with Nico
With Amiel, the bearer of Krispy Kremes
Chef Justin, putting the finishing touches on the cake
Proof of my visit to Koko Black. Thanks to Tiara, I now know where to go for a solid dose of chocolate and sinful truffles.
Justin and Shannon having brunch at Babka on Brunswick Street. Insteresting menu, good food, cosy ambience. Thanks, Sashi!
p/s: I just reaslied this post is like an Oscar speech (thank you so and so, thanks to so and so). But so what?! I'm really thankful mah! :p

yeah, but without the oscar. but anyway, you're welcome =P And forget an oscar - you are a trophy friend anyhow. And soon to be a trophy wife too! don't forget to send me a wedding favor k!!
ReplyDelete