Sunday, 10 February 2008

Out with the Old




As it is with all good things, it had come to its end.

Yes, my well-travelled Canon Ixus V3 3.2 MP (yes, 3.2 only! Hey, it was top of its class at that time, okay) that captured the most memorable times of the last six years finally gave way. It just hung with the zoom still out and refused to turn on!

What worried me was not so much that it died, but that I might not have had a camera in time for Male and Paris. On top of that, it happened on Chinese New Year's Eve and Sim Lim was closed.

A little earlier than expected, but I needed to get a camera desperately. I had already planned to bless myself with a new one as a birthday gift next month, but I suppose the birthday gift had to come early.

Forturnately for me, Courts was still open and I made the fastest decision for something worth so much in the quickest time.

Thanks to Ernest's, Pa's and the salesman's opinions, I decided on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX100 12 MP (12!!!). It was the first 12 MP in the market and the most celebrated part of it is the Leica lense. What a beauty.



1 comment:

  1. yo! hehehe

    have fun using lumix oh! don't say i pour cold shower on you oh, i was once a lumix user...but was disappointed with its high noise level especially shooting at night. i still think canon ixus is the best point n shoot camera despite its hefty price. mmm, u know i aint promoting canon, me a fujifilm user now. :D

    ReplyDelete