Sunday, 3 February 2008

Long-awaited Return

I just realised I only took five photos in Perth. It must have been because I was too engrossed in fellowshipping with friends.

The thought of being back in Perth was surreal, but the familiar surroundings filled me with nostalgia of the good ol' days. If not for the job, it would have taken me more than just four years to return for a non-work-related visit on my own expense. These are the perks.




Due to my short notice, I didn't manage to meet up with that many from Vickery House, but all I had time for, really, was just one per meal.

Jasmine and Terence bore with the summer heat in a closed Italian restaurant and the 45-minute wait for a meal so that I could have Sardagnia pizza and chilli mussles again in Ciao Italia for old times' sake.



Chris joined us for post-dinner coffee at Bell House Cafe at Mill Point overlooking the Swan River. It was beautiful. The windy was blowing consistently, which was great for a 36 degree Celcius summer day.

During dinner and coffee, the guys didn't get to say much in between Jasmine and my non-stop talking.

My Sunday morning was well spent having breakfast with Eu Lynn and Terence and at service at Zion Praise Harvest, where I quickly caught up with those I still recognised. Many people got married, had babies, got attached, are getting married!



It was especially encouraging to see people like Priscilla and Francis, who were once under my care in cell and Vickery House respectively, take up leardership roles in church.

More people to catch up with. Looking forward to my next visit back.

No comments:

Post a Comment