Thursday, 31 January 2008

Melbourne Charm


How do I even begin describing my Melbourne trip. It was fantastic. Superb. The best so far. Why?

Melbourne wasn't exactly a new place to me. The duty pattern was short, as all flights to Australia are, we get less than a day to enjoy the city.

But, the people made all the difference.

For starters, I was flying with an excellent team and the whole trip began on a positive note with some humour thrown in.

To my delight, good weather followed me there and it was a perfect summer day weather-wise. The best part of the trip was the reunions with friends.



Issan, thank you for showing me around Melbourne city. It was great seeing you again after four years. As if on one of our long RA duties, I enjoyed hanging out with you.

Justin, I have never eaten so much raw meat in one sitting. It was delicious. You're right, I don't think we've ever hung out before and it had to be under such unique circumstances that we do. This makes up for not visiting Melbourne while I was in Perth, doesn't it. Thanks to you, I know what a Cowboy Shot is :P




Tiara and Shannon, eventhough we only had an hour to catch up, it was really great being in another city altogether. Thanks for squeezing in time for me. Target for my next trip there is that special ice cream!

Credit also goes to the city for making my trip a good one. Melbourne city on its own has a unique charm. It truly is the melting pot of different races and people from different backgrounds. The victorian architecture, which they preserve so well, brings such character to the city.

Federation Square - where people gather for entertainment


Melbourne State Library


Inside Melbourne State Library. It's so cool that the state library is where people go to hangout and "kill time".


Flinders Street Station


Melbourne Central



Yarra River


I was pleased to finally indulge in a freshly made Krispy Kreme. It was all they said it was - it collapses in your mouth with one bite, one is not enough. BUT it sure was a mouthful of diabetes. I mean, they must have made the icing by adding sugar in water over and over until the mixture was tepu with sugar!


Paris Cat at Goldie Place was Justin's idea. It had a cozy and relaxed ambience to enjoy friends' company with live jazz playing in the background. The Natives played that night.

1 comment:

  1. eh, first comment? ok, here goes... first, thank you for publicly convicting me as an alcohol-shooting, jazz-clubbing, raw meat glutton. NOW EVERYONE WILL THINK I'M COOL!! ;) 2nd: it was just as much fun for us, if not not more, so thank YOU! btw, great photos!

    ReplyDelete