This post is not meant to boast or create envy. It is simply to record how I spent my day off, should I look back one day and wonder what it was like.
The day started at 11am when Nicole's sms came in to confirm her lunch appointment with me. I was awoken earlier, but was too drowsy to get out of bed. And for those times the sun woke me up, I willed myself to pamper my body with a little more sleep.
11.30am and I was on my way on the MRT. I looked around and there were mostly housewives and students around me. Nicole did the hop-on thing where we synchronise our timing so that she would hop-on to the same train I'm on.
Lunch at Sakae Sushi was delicious as usual. The spider temaki and salmon mango temaki there are mm mm. Nicole was off to work (yes, she has flexible hours too) and I was left to my own mischief.
I had a few things in mind to kill time before the reunion dinner with my fellow trainees at 7pm - browse in bookshops, lookout for craft shops, get price quotes for bridal gowns, buy the Alice Crocs I've been eyeing and other window shopping.
Simply adorable
I even managed to squeeze in a leisurely hour sitting at Gelare's digging into my waffle while reading my latest addition to my library; and a wash, cut and blow. I paid about $40 for the service and I have to say, the RM80 they charge at La Mode in Mid Valley is more worthwhile considering they give you a shoulder-hand massage as well.Before long, it was time to meet up with my batchmates at Billy Bombers, an American restaurant in Marina Square. The menu was typically American and so were the portions. As always, we started planning our dessert destination half way through the meal.
Max Brenner was a full house, so we settled for Haagen Daaz. Good compromise, 'cause it was d'lish! A bonus was the great fellowship we had exchanging stories and updating each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment