Tuesday, 29 January 2008

My Kind of Shop

Yesterday, I discovered a few wonderful shops in town! Ok, I didn't exactly discover them, they were recommendations from Kelly, Siau Yin and Wei Ling, but the discovery was for myself.

Art Friend
Takashimaya, Level 4 (above Kinokuniya)
Art Friend is a little like Weststar in Melawati Town, but much much bigger. It has basic art and craft items across the board (sticking, painting, sewing, stamping, stationery, etc.), perfect for students.

Creative Hands
Takashimaya, Level 4
Creative Hands is more a place for scrapbooking, painting and clay craft.

The entire Level 4 of Takashimaya is full of arts craftsy shops! Fantastic. There is also a children's toy shop with start-up creative kits for kids (haha...rhyme) and puzzles.

Made With Love
Plaza Singapura, Level 3
This shop is the place for scrapbooking. It has everything you can think of and more. I've been told another shop in Wheelock Place is a must-visit, but closed early, so next time.

My loot:


  1. Quilling tools - my sister Joyce first exposed me to quilling. I didn't know they had tools for it! We used to manually shred our own paper and start the quill off my rolling it between our fingers.
  2. Quilling kit
  3. Silver leaves
  4. Velvet alphabet stickers
  5. Bag-O-Buttons - it was too great not to buy
  6. Jolee's scrapbooking stickers - bridal theme

Also discovered a Singaporean buy-online website for scrapbooking resources, http://www.scrapbookingcove.com/

Life seems sweater just having these shops around.

No comments:

Post a Comment