Tuesday, 22 January 2008

My Current Reality


The journey home is always a highly anticipated one, filled with plans and ideas to maximise my time with loved ones.

However, the KUL-SIN bus ride is always a tough one. It's emotionally draining more than anything. The five-hour ride is a good time of reflection. And with limited entertainment on board, I'm usually left with my thoughts and re-runs of feelings of leaving my comfort zone and those closest to me.

Till this day, I'm still adjusting to the fact that I am actually doing what I'm doing now and that it's no longer just wishful thinking. I'm living it. The irregular working hours, the being-in-three-cities-in-five days, the sirs and madams.

I often find myself taking a step out of my current reality just to look at it, analyse it and say to myself, "Wow, Janice, you just came back from (wherever) two hours ago and are heading to KL now. You're gonna spend a quick two days in there and head back to Singapore for another flight the next day. This is your life now. How did you get here? It's amazing. Life is full of possibilities."

At times I still can't believe that I upped and made this change. And how things have just fallen into place so beautifully.

Life is full of possibilities and opportunities.

Just gotta do something to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment