My warped perception took a sudden change with the first meal I had at Adolf Wagner restaurant on Schweizerstrasse (somewhere near Hauptbanhof). Lucky for me, one of my German-speaking colleagues was kind enough to bring us here, which is out of the norm.
Most of the time, crew frequent specific eateries that are termed "crew joints" and most of the time, they are Asian food. Perhaps there will come a time when my interest will lie in discovering different styles of Asian cooking based on the cities I visit, but for now, give me local cuisine anytime!
Adolf Wagner's platter of crispy pork knuckle, pork shoulder, pork hotdogs (or should I say pork frankfurters), a side plate of bratkatofeln (fried potatoes) and sauerkraut (pickled cabbage). One of their specialities is house brewed apple wine. Sour, but appetising.
When I wasn't eating with the crew or tagging along on one of their shopping trips (Frankfurt is the place to buy branded goods such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci and the likes because tax refund is a painless process), I had the opportunity explore a little bit of Frankfurt on foot. This brought me to a naturalist museum called Senkenbergische, one that houses a large array of fossils and bones of pre-historic creatures discovered all over the earth.
Though I'm not a fan of dinosaurs and beings of the past, I was amazed nonetheless by the amount of work and effort that goes into discovering and preserving these ancient artifacts. That's something to admire.
Walking towards Goethestrasse, Frankfurt's street of high-end fashion brands.
One of the best parts of all my trips so far is to have tea in a local cafe, write postcards and observe the locals.
No comments:
Post a Comment