Sunday, 27 January 2008
So Un-Glam
My heart is still pounding.
Can you believe it?! I just chased a taxi for my luggage at 5am in the morning! This is proof that guys can't multitask as well as women can.
While happily chatting on the phone, the taxi driver let me off at my block and drove off even before I could tap his car boot! What else to do but run after my bag! It's one taxi among the thousands around on this island. I couldn't keep up before he was tearing around the corners like a madman, obviously rushing for time.
After running for about a hundred metres in my french twist and uniform (so un-glam!), he must have hung up the phone call and realised he just abducted a stewardess' bag. The distance I chased him was long enough for my thoughts to evolve from "I can't believe he's driving off with my bag" to "I can't believe I'm actually chasing him!".
My only other option was to call the transport controller and tell her his dude went off with my bag. Just as Maslow's Law dictates, when things go wrong, they can really go wrong. So guess what? The phone was engaged despite several tries.
A few minutes later, he came tearing around the corner again, and made it back to my block even before I could (I can walking back, huffing and puffing). On top of driving off with my bag, he had the audacity to sit in the car honking his horn as if I would appear there by magic, without even looking around (I was just behind him).
Fury was an understatement in those few minutes. Thank goodness, it only lasted a few minutes. And now I have this blogpost to let it all out.
Lesson learned: Always remind the cab driver you have a bag to take from the boot before alighting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahhahaa that's a good one
ReplyDelete